Add some holiday spirit to your eMarketing campaigns!
Any successful business owner will tell you just how important a good marketing strategy is. Without marketing, most companies would have very few customers. In this digital day and age that we all live and breathe, the way in which business reach out to their existing customers as well as search for new ones is through eMarketing.
eMarketing is essentially taking all the traditional forms of advertising and marketing and transforming them into something that’s built for the 21st century. There are not many people that don’t own or at least have access to either a PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone, or some other Internet-related product. And, for many, it is their one and only connection to the outside world; to those outside their immediate family or social circle. And, for that reason, is the ideal place for companies to host their eMarketing campaigns.
With the holidays fast approaching, it’s a great time to think about eMarketing. Customers are in a good mood, thinking about spending time with family. They’re also already in the habit of opening their purse so the holidays are the perfect time to strike. With the right eMarketing campaign, a business can substantially increase its revenue with very little work really. The following are a few eMarketing ideas that you probably haven’t even thought of. However, they’re ideal to use for the holidays and designed to get your customers buzzing and spending!
1. Holiday Article Marketing: There’s something about the holiday that season that automatically puts people in a good mood. Whether it’s the prospect of getting presents, having time off work, or spending time with loved ones, as a general rule of thumb 90% of people are in good spirits. This is very helpful when it comes to eMarketing.
Writing an article that’s featured around the festive season is a great way to get your customers’ attention. Find a way to focus on some of the traditional aspects of the Christmas period and tie this is with what your business has to offer. Everyone likes a bargain and people are quite happy to spend during the holidays. If you can make customers feel warm and fuzzy first by creating a sense of connection through the article, you’re halfway there to a sale already. And you don’t have to limit yourself as to where this article goes either. It can be featured on your website but also included as a story on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
2. YouTube Ads: Having been around now for just over a decade and owned Google, YouTube is the perfect place to draw in new customers. Earlier this year, Google claimed that the video platform is now 10 times as popular as Facebook video or Netflix, with more than 1 billion hours watched on it every day. Getting yourself a YouTube ad will almost guarantee you new customers and an increase in sales, with the number of people on there daily who would see it.
Why not create something with a holiday twist to grab people’s attention? It’s YouTube, so you have the power of music and vision to play with, as well as words. Throw in some glitter, some holiday music, and promote your product or service to the high hills. Spread that Christmas cheer and make it an ad people aren’t likely to forget in a hurry.
3. Festive Blogging/Vlogging: Having your own website is one of the best eMarketing tools you could possibly wish for. Not only can you reach your existing customers but you can pitch to new ones to. Blogging is a nice eMarketing tool as it’s a more soft approach than an ad. It involves reaching out to customers in a more personable manner, showing that there is a friendly face or two behind the face of the company. It’s much easier to make people warm to a company if they know there’s a real person behind it.
Vlogging is the modern form of blogging. If you like to be down with the kids and keep up with the times, you may want to consider setting up a seasonal vlog. With vlogs, not only do customers get to hear what you have to say but they get to see you as well. This will instantly make people feel more at ease and more comfortable with both you as a person and the company as a brand that they can trust and rely on.
4. Seasonal Social Media Ad: One of the best ways of advertising and reaching a captive audience these days is through the likes of social media. In today’s society, social media plays a big part in many our lives. Millions of people around the world log into their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media accounts every single day and for a company not to tap into this as an eMarketing campaign would be crazy.
While everyone is so wrapped up thinking about the holidays, it’s a great way to get in there and add to the festive cheer. Posting a friendly seasonal ad on social media will catch people’s attention and remind them of the good things you have to offer.
5. Holiday Email Marketing: It may be one of the oldest forms of eMarketing, but it’s still one of the most effective. Pretty much everyone has at least one email account that they check on a regular basis—it’s hard not to these days. Being an online business you gain a lot of people’s email addresses as part of your operation, and a friendly holiday email is a great way to lift people’s spirits and boost your profits in the meantime.
Even Santa knows the power of seasonal advertising and marketing!
Whether or not people decide to buy from you at this time of year, may depend on what you have to offer. However, even if they don’t buy from you right now, it’s still a good way to make sure people know where you are and have up to date details for you. That way, once the holidays are over, they can get in touch.